Today’s post is going to be short and sweet as there is an accompanying video to this post but it is currently gluing itself together.. or something? I’m not really sure but there’s a long loading bar and it’s taking it’s sweet time to load that’s for sure.
Another niggle today is the fact that apparently Luvocracy just wasn’t made for Mac. I thought I was being clever organising my favourites into one simple collection for you but that’s not going to work… (believe me I’ve spent the last hour trying to make it do just that!).
Anyyyyyyway – I thought I’d go back to the old-fashioned of doing it and give you to the links to each individual item. If you want to hear me speil on about all them, stay tuned tomorrow!
Naked Care Mild Shampoo
Soap and Glory Butter Yourself Moisture Lotion
Revlon PhotoReady BB Cream
Dr Organic Dead Sea Mineral Eye Rescue Rollerball
NARS Laguna Bronzer
Eyeko Eye Do Mascara
Kevyn Aucoin The Precision Eyebrow Pencil
Non Beauty Items:
John Grisham – The Testament
Vivienne Westwood Foggy Tweed Long Coat (picture only)
I hope you enjoy the video!
Love, Bonnie xx
I would say “it’s that time of the month again” but 1. That could be taken the wrong way and 2. I’m 4 days late writing this post! I was debating on writing it at all as when I was digging around in my stash I could only find a very small number of products that I really went crazy for this month. However, I feel like these select few products need to have their praises sung a little more, so (luckily for you!) this post is up and running!
First up: Accessories. I’ve been really loving these fingertip rings from New Look. I’m not certain whether they still have these ones in stock but a lot of high street stores do them so it’s definitely worth a look. I just think they bring a little more panache to an outfit.
My other favourite accessory of the month was the Time-Turner my mum bought me. If you’ve been reading my blog for a while you will know I’m Harry Potter mad, so this Time-Turner was the perfect gift for me! It’s such a unique and interesting piece and gives an outfit just that little something extra.
On to all things beauty related…
Bioderma Sebium Pore Refiner – does exactly what it says on the tin. Smooths skin and also smells delicious!
Soap and Glory Clean on Me Body Wash – smells the same as “Miss Dior” i.e. absolutely divine! It has body lotion in it so that’s one neglected step in my beauty routine that I don’t have to worry about. It lathers up into a soft, thick foam and feels really luxurious on the skin.
Clinique “all about the eyes” Eye Cream – this is a heavy duty eye cream so not ideal for the mornings however at night this is so wonderful. I really feel like it hydrates my under eye area and is working towards preventing crows feet and the like.
By Terry Baume de Rose – I suffer from really dry lips during the Winter so I wanted to find something to get them in tip-top condition beforehand and that was nourishing enough to use in the colder months, too. This lip balm might cost an arm and a leg but truly, it is a miracle worker. I had a sample of this and was so impressed, but the price tag was making me slightly weak at the knees… BUT two days of not using it and I just knew I had to make it a permanent home in my make-up draw. It’s just too good to live without.
VO5 Smoothly Does It – I have used this, without fail, every single damn day this month. Nuff said. Buy it, you won’t regret it.
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this post and also that you have a lovely September! If you’re new to my blog, it would make my day if you would hit the “Follow” button! I’m trying to get to 100 followers before my birthday on the 17th so if you’d like to join our little clan you’re more than welcome.
Love, Bonnie xx
Just a quick one ladies – I wanted to show you a small collection of my lipbalms and quickly run through why each one is good and what I would recommend it for.
- Carmex Classic Lipbalm – Main ingredient is petroleum so it’s not the best thing for your lips if you really want to get them into better condition, however this is ideal for wearing under matte lipsticks as it will act as a barrier between the drying effects of the lipstick and your lips.
- Body Shop Sweet Lemon Lipbutter – Great to carry in your handbag, softens slightly in warm temperatures so applies as a lovely mixture between a balm and an oil. Super moisturising, great for applying on bare lips and layering with a lipgloss as it will add to the super shiny effect. Also tastes and smells like lemon cheesecake – always a winner in my book
- Crabtree & Evelyn Cocoa Butter and Cardamon Protective Lipbalm SPF 8 – Great for days at the beach because of the SPF. Also super moisturising and can transfer to a evening look as it provides colour and gloss. The ideal dual product for a holiday if you’re packing light
- Cath Kidston Rose Lipbalm – Super waxy texture makes applying lipstick smooth and fuss free. I tend to use this more as a lip primer over another lightweight lipbalm if I’m using an extremely pigmented lipstick like an orange/red/pink as it prevents the lips becoming stained and makes removing it all a lot easier
- Crabtree & Evelyn Creme de Menthe Lip Butter – Super nourishing and moisturising, this is perfect for applying before bed. The texture is gorgeous and creamy and if you apply a thick layer, you’ll still be able to feel it on your lips in the morning which I always find when lipbalms are doing their job
So there you have it – 5 lipbalms for 5 different jobs. I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this post!
Love, Bonnie xx